Italian Hamburger

The first time I had this type of burger was in a little burger joint in NYC. They didn't give me the recipe, but it was called an Italian Burger, so I just used Italian seasonings and guess what, it tasted very close and was really very good. Another change up to the regular burger. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. of chop meat
1/4 tsp. of thyme
1/4 tsp. of basil
1/4 tsp. of marjoram
1/4 tsp. of oregano
1/4 tsp. of rosemary
1 small red onion sliced
1 small tomato

All these spices are dried ones. If you use fresh, change the amounts to 1/2 tsp.

4 slices of mozzarella cheese
a bunch of arugula (I use 3 pieces for each burger, but use as much or little as you want)

Directions:
I made these on the grill, so you will want to start your grill before you begin to prepare. In a medium bowl, combine the meat and all the spices. Make into 4 patties. The experts say to push down in the middle, so you don't get a ball burger. I usually just squish as they cook. Cook them as you like. I also toast my buns. When bun has a nice barbecue marks, place on dish, give a good squeeze of ketchup, top with burger, red onions, cheese, arugula and tomato. Simply delicious.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...