Chorizo and Chickpeas over Couscous


I have eaten this dish all my life, but over yellow rice or spaghetti. My family is from Spain and we are big on Chorizo as you can see I cook with it a lot. Chorizo has a really great taste and just adds tiny smack of flavor to anything.

Ingredients:
2 links of Chorizo. (I usually buy from grocery store in small packages of 2. You can find this usually in the cheese section.)
1 can of chick peas
1 can of chicken broth
1 box of couscous

Directions:
Prepare couscous as indicated on box. I usually substitute broth for water, but your choice.
In medium fry pan, heat a tbs. of olive oil.
Dice up chorizo and add to fry pan. You can cook to any consistency you wish, but I like to brown it a bit.
When chorizo is cooked through, add in chickpeas. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In medium bowl combine cooked couscous and toss in chorizo and chickpea mixture.
Serve with bread and butter. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...