Eggplant Lasagna



Eggplant parmigana or lasagna is not something I make at home because there is no one at home who will eat it but me. Its the dinner I order in or when I go out. I decided that I was giving up one of my favorite meals and I didn't have to do that, so I made this eggplant lasagna for 1.

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small container of ricotta cheese, I used part skim
1 jar of your favorite sauce or 1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup of canola oil
1 cup of bread crumbs

Directions:
Heat oil in large fry pan. Coat eggplant in egg and then bread crumbs and fry on both sides until golden brown. Place on paper towel to remove excess oil. Add a bit of the tomato sauce in the bottom of your small baking dish. Now layer eggplant, ricotta and then mozzarella. Depending on the size of your eggplant you will be able to do this 3 or 4 times. I make 2 stacks as showed in picture. Last layer top with extra sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...