Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Bananas


If I could eat sweets all day, every day and be healthy, I would for sure. Look at these cupcakes. Don't they just look yummy? You don't have to be a baker to make delicious cakes or cupcakes. I would love one day to be a pastry chef or real baker, but I would definitely need to clone myself. This way is good for me as well. Sandra Lee has the concept as she uses part home made and part store bought. I just love watching all my favorite ladies cook.
 
Ingredients:
1 box on yellow cake mix
1 container of cream cheese frosting
1/2 tsp. of banana extract (if you have)
2 bananas sliced, but not until ready to serve or they will get brown
Cinnamon
 
Directions:
Make cupcake batter according to the box. When cooled, combine the frosting and the banana extract. When I use pre made frosting I always remove from container and give a couple of swirls with my hand mixer to get some air in. It makes for a fluffier frosting. For this recipe I got creative and put the frosting into a Ziploc baggie and just gave each cupcake a quick swirl. I refrigerated the cupcakes because sometime I like cold icing. When it was time to serve, I topped each cupcake with 2 banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Pretty and delicious.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...