Chicken Meatball Appetizers


When I was growing up no one ever ate chicken meatballs, it was always beef and they were delicious. Times have changed, people are worried about all the red meat. I find chicken meatloaf and chicken meatballs to be a bit bland because most people do not season enough. Chop meat has more fat in it and that is where a lot of flavor comes from. These meatballs can be put in your sauce and eaten over your pasta, but I served these up at appetizers.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. of ground chicken
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 cup or Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. of garlic powder
1 tbs. of prepared creamy horseradish sauce
2 cups of panko bread crumbs, Italian will do
1/2 cup of catsup
Canola oil


Directions:
In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients. My trick is that I put in refrigerator to get a bit cold as I find the meatballs easier to roll, but that's your choice. I usually leave in there for about 30 minutes. Heat up the oil and begin to fry the meatballs. Watching very carefully as you do not want to burn. You can also bake them. Spray a large cookie sheet with non stick spray and bake for 40 minutes.

I serve a dish of prepared creamy horseradish with the meatballs, gives them a kick!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...