Buffet Surprise

I have been serving this to company for almost 50 years. People request it when I invite them to dinner, which is fine for me because I can also make it days ahead and refrigerate it or make it way ahead and freeze it for 3 to 4 months. The flavor just gets better! This is from one of my 26 cookbooks Simply Irresistible: Easy, Elegant, Fearless, Fussless Cooking by Sheilah Kaufman you can also visit me at www.cookbookconstructioncrew.com

Ingredients:
3 - 4 lb boneless chuck roast
3 cans (28 oz each) sauerkraut, drained
l lb box dark brown sugar
28 oz can tomatoes with liquid
l peeled whole onion
l cut up apple

Directions:
I call this a DUMP RECIPE!
In a large (at least 5 1/2 to 6 quart) pot place the meat.
Dump the drained sauerkraut on top of the meat.
On top of place the box of sugar.
Dump the can of tomatoes and liquid over the sugar.
Place the whole onion and apple pieces around the meat.
Place on the stove, cover, and cook on LOW heat for about 4 to 5 hours, or until meat falls apart into
small pieces and apple, onion, and tomatoes “dissolve”.


Serves 8 to 10 


Reader Submitted Recipe 
Sheilah Kaufman
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...