Summer Salad

What do we do in the Summer months? We eat better. I am not sure why, well, I guess I do, we all want to look better in our bathing suits. I certainly do. Obviously, greens and vegetables are a great way to eat healthy and cut down on the calories. Although I cannot eat grapefruit because of a medication I am eating, I do love it, but I pick mine out of this recipe. As always, be creative and add what you like.

Ingredients:
1 bag of baby greens
1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 cup of blue cheese crumbles
2 cups of green, seedless grapes
1 1/2 cups of black, pitted olives
1 cup of pine nuts
1 1/2 cups of any bottled light vinaigrette dressing of your choice or just squeeze 1 large lemon over it and drizzle some olive oil on top and toss. 
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...