Olive Tapenade over Pasta

Spanish olives was something I use to pick out of the salad when we had company. My sister use to put the black ones on her fingers, but to me, the green were more tasty. I loved the pimento center. Delicious. Since I am an olive and pasta lover, I thought why not combine the two. I have eaten this cold and water and both were very good. Its just a matter of your preference.

Ingredients:
3 cups of Spanish olives (the ones with the Pimentos inside) if you don't like them just the green will do
3 large garlic cloves
1 large bunch of fresh parsley
1 cup of olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
1 lb. of pasta, I used springs

Directions:
Bring water to boil and cook pasta. In the meantime, add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor and begin to pulse adding in the oil slowly. When all is combined, add to a medium size fry pan to heat through if you are serving hot.

When pasta is cooked, drain and add in olive mixture, toss well and serve. Definitely serve with some crusty bread. What a treat from the regular pasta toppings.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...