Twice Cooked Chicken


My girls and I are big chicken eaters and sometimes we just need a change up from how we have been eating it. I combined a few of my favorite ingredients and created this chicken dish.I am big on cooking my food all day. I am not sure if I just love the aromas of the food or I just like to have something to do. Haha, like moms have nothing to do all day. Either way, I do think that slow cooking your food is a great way for the flavors to combine with each other.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 boneless, skinless thighs
1 small to medium red pepper, diced
1 cup of feta cheese
1 tsp. of garlic powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 small onion sliced
1 small can of tomato sauce
3 tbs. of olive oil

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and in shallow baking dish add the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Bake for 30 minutes and remove. In large fry pan heat oil and add in onions and peppers. Saute them for 15-20 minutes. When the onions begin to caramelize, add in the tomato sauce. Let that heat for 10 minutes on low and then add in chicken. Do not let sauce burn. If you need to add in 1/2 cups of water at a time, do this. You do not want there to be a broth or gravy, but a thickness to the sauce. Let this simmer for 40 minutes and serve. I served this with white rice topped with the red gravy sprinkled with feta cheese. I love feta cheese, but some do not like my daughter, so she ate hers without. You can substitute for gorgonzola or bleu cheese if you wish. I love cheese. It was incredible tasty and added a new twist to our chicken.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...