Grilled Cheese and a Burger

Cheeseburgers are one of my favorite things to eat. I crave them all the time and when anyone asks what I feeling having for dinner, I always say, “I want a cheeseburger”.  When I was a kid I never ate grilled cheese sandwiches because my mom didn’t make them for me. She didn’t eat them so either did I. When I was about 30 years old, I tried a grilled cheese and loved it. I thought it would be a fun idea to combine my love of cheeseburgers with grilled cheese sandwiches. You can do anything you want to them, so be creative.

Ingredients:
Make a batch of burger mix for as many as you want to make. I usually make a batch and freeze them so they are ready. I pat them much thinner than a regular burger and make them as square as possible so they go to all corners of the bread.

Cheese of your choice, I used American on this sandwich
2 tomato slices
Lettuce
Mayo
ketchup

Directions:
Make your burger first, either in a fry pan or the grill.
Just the same as grilled cheese. Butter both sides of the bread. Layer with ketchup, mayo, lettuce and tomatoes. Then what I do with the cheese is take the burger and cover it with 2 slices of cheese. I try and squeeze the edges down to seal the burger in. Place burger on top of the tomatoes and cover with the bread. Place the sandwich in  a clean fry pan with a teaspoon of butter and fry as you would grilled cheese. Let stand for 2-3 minutes and flip over.

Serve with fries, potato or macaroni salad or just a pickle! Yummy stuff.

Recipe By The Gourmet Mom
Lisa Montalva
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...