Healthy Sugarless Chewy Muesli Bars

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cereal/s of choice, crushed slightly if necessary
(I used Cornflakes and Rice Bubbles)
1/2 cup mixed seeds
(I didn't have any at home so I used more cereal)
1 cup mixed chopped nuts
(I used almonds - roasted, walnuts and macadamias)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup plain vanilla yoghurt
(as fat free and sugar free as possible, this one from Yoplait is my favorite - I had to use some mango one because I didn't have any at home though)
3 generous tbs golden or maple syrup
(I used maple)
1 1/2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 1./2 cup dried fruit - add in some desiccated coconut as well if desired (I used a wonderful fruit medley with dried peaches, pears, apples, sultanas and apricots - yum!)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 20cm by 18cm baking tin
2.Mix all dry ingredients together except dried fruit
3.Make a well in the center of ingredients.
4.Combine all wet ingredients until smooth
5.Pour into the center and stir mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir through dried fruit.
6.Press mixture into prepared tin and smooth - sprinkle with chocolate chips if using
7.Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and feels a little dry to touch in the middle
8.Let cool completely before refrigerating for an hour. Cut into squares and refrigerate for long life or in an airtight container, between pieces of wax paper
.

  Recipe By Choc Chip Uru
www.gobakeyourself.wordpress.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...