Sauteed Spinach over Gnocchi

Gnocchi I find to be so delicious, but they are what I believe to be called belly bombs. I know for me I want to eat my whole plate, but I am just so filled up by just a small amount. It could be that I usually make them which a rich and decadent sauce. So trying to eat my greens I decided to top them off with very delicious spinach.

Ingredients:
1 large bag of fresh spinach
6 cloves of roasted garlic
1/4 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of pepper
1/4 cup of crushed walnuts
Grated Fontina cheese (optional)

Directions:
First I roast the garlic. For this recipe you can do ahead of time. Take the 6 cloves garlic and cut the tips off. Place in a piece of tin foil and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or chicken broth on top so they don't dry out. Roast for about 20 minutes. In a large fry pan heat the oil and add in the garlic. (Use must squeeze from the peel). With the back of a wooden spoon break up the garlic and start to saute, but do not let brown. Now add in the spinach. It will be a huge amount for the pan, but as you all know this will cook down to a much smaller amount. This cooking process will take about 20 minutes. Once the spinach is reduced, add in the walnuts, cover and set aside so that the garlic and spinach flavors marinate together. Bring a pot of water to boil and add in the Gnocchi. Once they are done, pour over the spinach and toss and serve. I love cheese on my pasta, but instead of using Parmesan, I use some Fontina cheese. Use your favorite cheese.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...