Steak Sandwich


Cooking should be creative and spontaneous. I made this on a whim the other night as it was raining all day and didn’t feel like going food shopping. What I did have was a section of Italian bread from the night before, onions, lettuce, goat cheese and some flank steak. This is what I made from it. Delicious and quick. This recipe is for one, but could have been for 2 as I always save room for chocolate!

Ingredients:
1 8 inch flank steak
1 small onion
1 cup or kitchen bouquet
Pinch of salt and pepper
¼ cup of goat cheese
A few lettuce leaves

Directions:
In a small fry pan I  heated some oil and caramelized a small onion. I salted and peppered the steak and through it on the bbq for 3 minutes on each side. Mine was thin, so cook accordingly to how you like your meat and its thickness.

I cut the bread in half and toasted on the bbq as well. When the meat was done. I layered the bread with the goat cheese first, lettuce, some onions, steak and then more onions.

Oh I just love my food! Try it, you will love it!


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...