Roasted Tomatoe and Pepper Appetizer

I am a dip lover, but every now and then I like to serve appetizers that you can pick up and put on a plate. My roasted tomatoes and pepper appetizer is just one of them. You can serve hot or cold and they are quick and easy to make. I usually make my pepper mixture a day or two ahead and when ready to serve, take it out of the refrigerator, top on the cracker and I am ready for to feed my guests. I made this for 6 people.

Ingredients:
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 large ripe tomatoe
1 tbs. of olive oil
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
dash of salt and pepper
Large crackers or toasted bread rounds

Directions:
First clean and cut up the peppers and tomatoes, you want no seeds and for the visual you want them to be strips. Add the olive oil to a large fry pan and heat. Once you can see that the oil is hot add in the peppers and tomatoes. Saute on a medium low heat as you do not want them to burn. Depending on your stove you want to cook these for about 15 minutes or until very soft. Once you have gotten them to this consistency, add in the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Add small amounts of this mixture to your crackers or slices of toasted bread and serve.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...