Eggs Benedict Florentine

Although this dish has been around for years, I have only recently ordered it. I love eggs, spinach, hollandaise sauce and english muffins, but for some reason I would it never appealed to me. I was in NYC and went to a place that I have eaten several times and decided to order it. It was so good. So here is my version. Hope you love it. This seems like a great deal of work and a bit overwhelming, but I promise you that once you do it, you will wonder why you never did it before. You will wow your family and friends when you serve this.

Ingredients:
4 eggs for benedict
3 egg yolks for Hollandaise sauce
2 english muffins
6 slices of bacon
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of sliced onion
2 sticks of melted butter
butter for english muffins
dash of cayenne pepper or paprika

Directions:
To make the Hollandaise sauce, add the 3 egg yolks into your blender. Add in dash of cayenne or paprika. Slowly add in the melted butter and blend well for several minutes. Let sit while you are preparing the eggs benedict.

Place bacon on a plate wrapped in paper towels and cook for 6 minutes in microwave. Remove and let sit until its time to use the bacon. The intimidated part is making the eggs. Bring a large pot of water to boil. In the meantime, heat a fry pan with a 1 tsp. of butter and add in the onions and spinach. Cook this for about 3-5 minutes or until heated. Pop the english muffins into the toaster oven and remove when golden brown. When the water begins to boil I shut the heat off. Crack your eggs in little bowls so it is easier to drop in water. You might want to stir the pot of water to create a spinning effect. A lot of chefs do that, I do sometimes and others I dont. Bring the egg close to the water and drop in water. It will begin to cook. It will float to top when its done, but usually 2-3 minutes. You will need to remove with a spoon with wholes so that the water drains. Place on dish until ready to build the benedict.

Once all is prepared. Butter the english muffins, add the spinach mixture first, cut bacon in half and use 3 half slices on each benedict, the egg on top and pour over the hollandaise sauce. Some people love hot so they top with more cayenne or hot sauce. I just use paprika.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...