Caramel Brownies

Sweets! If I could survive on them and not gain a zillion pounds I could actually do it. I love anything chocolate and goes with a tall cold glass of skim milk. These brownies happened by accident as I was making sundaes for my nephews and thought wouldn't it be great to have the caramel in the brownies. Well, they turned out just spectacular.


Ingredients:
1 box of brownie mix
16 caramel candies or a small jar a of caramel sundae topping
1 cup of chocolate candy bar chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven as suggested on box. Prepare the brownie mix as indicated on box. You have two options to get the caramel in the brownies. First one is to dump the caramel candies into the mixture and blend well and pour into rectangle baking dish. The second choice is to pour brownie batter into baking dish and pour swirls over the batter in either circular motions or back and forth from side to side. Once you do that, take a knife and pull it through to make basically incorporate into the brownie batter. I have done both. Then top with chocolate chopped candy bar. The first choice you get bits of caramel in the brownies and the second choice it runs through the whole brownie. This time, I made the second way. They were just so good. I actually topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled more caramel on top. Needless to say, this wasn't a low cal day, but there is always tomorrow. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...