Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcakes


March 1st is National Peanut Butter Day.  I came across this recipe by mistake when by accident I put my spoon full of peanut butter for my daughter’s sandwich into my mixing bowl.  They are so good with a cold glass of milk. You might want to eat one and hide the rest so you don’t eat them all!

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 container of chocolate frosting
1 cup of peanut butter
12 ½ tsp. of peanut butter
1 chocolate bar, grated or chopped for garnish


Directions:
Make the batter as indicated on the package and preheat oven.  When the batter is smooth, add in the 1 cup of peanut butter. Pour into cupcake cups and bake as instructed on box. When cupcakes are done, remove and cool completely.

You can do 2 ways. You can empty frosting into bowl and add in the peanut butter and mix well or do it like me and frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting and that top each cupcake with a ½ tsp. of peanut butter. I usually top with the grated chocolate bar, but that is optional.



 Recipe By The Gourmet Mom
Lisa Montalva
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...