Spinach Salad


I have been trying to grow spinach in my yard, but my Cane Corso, Lola likes to eat it, so I had to buy a 12 oz. bag for this recipe. Spinach is a very good source of iron and has many nutrients that are very good for you. Spinach does have a bitter taste sometimes, other than a usual lettuce. As I have said many times, I will eat anything that has a delicious topping, dressing or chocolate sauce. I really enjoyed this spinach salad recipe.

Ingredients:
1 12 oz. of cleaned spinach
1 1/2 cups of cubed goat cheese
1 cup of balsamic vinegar
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of pepper

Directions:
You can do this 2 ways. Plate up 4 individual plates or in 1 large bowl. I did the 1 large bowl. So, in a small sauce pan, add the balsamic vinegar and while constantly whisking, heat until it thickens up to a pancake syrup consistency. Remove from heat and let cool completely and pour into bowl. Add in the olive oil. I dont usually add in slowly, but thats up to you. Pour in the olive oil and whisk figorously. Add the goat cheese and tomatoes to the spinach and pour over the balsamic dressing. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and give a good toss. You can serve this with some bread if you like, but not necessary. I did however, serve with medium size rolls from the store bakery so that we could soak up the extra balsamic vinegar. Really a great variation from the regular salad.

If you want you can add in walnuts too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...