Shrimp & Goat Cheese Salad

If you are looking for something that's light in the belly and a bit fancy, shrimp is a good way to go. I usually buy frozen, cleaned shrimp in the frozen section of my supermarket when it is on sale and save it for when I am ready to use it. We have been having a heat wave in New York and really didn't want to turn on my oven or my BBQ, so I looked around and fish is a good way to go; especially, shrimp that is already cooked. So I thawed 20 shrimps for my daughter and I and this is what I ended up with.

Ingredients:
20 Jumbo cooked shrimp
1 cup of goat cheese crumbles
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
1 packet of good seasons garlic and herb dressing
3 tbs. of water

Directions:
In a bowl I combined the olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic and herb dressing packet and water. I gave it a whisking and poured it over my shrimp and let sit for 20 minutes covered in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat, serve on a plate and top with goat cheese. I served garlic bread, as my daughter likes it with every meal she has.  So easy and pretty inexpensive if you buy on sale.
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...