Mushroom and Cheese Omelete


I see first hand how everyone lives are so busy. Its getting harder and harder for families to sit down for any meal these days, but I thinking that maybe we should try harder to make Sundays a day to at least sit and have breakfast together. Omelets is one of those meals that is considered a "one pot meal". It's a great start to a day to have a hearty breakfast. I make many variations of an omelet, and this is just one of them. Give it a try. Really delicious. I usually count 3 eggs per person; which is a lot, but I rather have too much than to little.

Ingredients:
6 whole eggs
1 cup of chopped mushrooms (your choice of kind)
1 cup of shredded Monterrey jack cheese
3 slices of deli ham, sliced into little pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of milk, whole or skim

Directions:
In large bowl, add eggs, milk, cheese and ham, beat and set aside. Heat butter in large fry pan and add in mushrooms. Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until soft. Now add in your egg mixture. After you pour in let it set. Don't play with the eggs, let them cook. I would say for atleast 3-5 minutes on low to medium heat. I than give pinch of salt and pepper for additional taste. With a spatula, start to pull down the sides. If there is any wet egg it will seep into the space which you pulled apart. The omelet should cook within 10 minutes. Once the top is dry it is time to take off the heat. I usually serve this flat and don't flip it like a half moon. This way you get to see all the ingredients in the omelet. I love wheat and rye bread so I usually make this type of toast to serve with it. Always remember, change up your ingredients to make it special and delicious for you.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...