Old World Chicken Tacos

The history of the hard taco begins from the early part of the twentieth century, various styles of tacos have become popular in the United States. The style that has become most common is the hard-shell or U-shaped version. A patent for such a device was issued to New York restaurateur Juvenico Maldonado in 1947. The original tacos were a crisp-fried corn tortillas filled with seasoned ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and sometimes tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, and avocado or guacamole. Now a days tacos come in many different choices of fillings. I made this last week. When I was making the chicken it wasn't for tacos, but just a usual recipe that I use on top of yellow rice and thought why not. Lets give this a try and so I did. I hope you like it.

Ingredients:
1 lb. of chicken breast or thighs, no bones
3 tomatoes quartered
1 cup of sour cream
1 tbsp. of cilantro
2 tbsp. of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Directions:
In large fry pan heat the oil and add in chicken and garlic. After the chicken has browned, about 10 minutes add in the tomatoes and cilantro. Cook the tomatoes until they begin to loosen up. Remove from heat and fill taco shells. I love sour cream so I served that as well. You can also serve with cheese, jalapenos or anything else you want. My daughter filled her with yellow rice that I made as well. Be creative with your cooking. 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...