Guacamole


My first encounter with guacamole was in 1982 right after high school graduation. I had moved from Long Island to San Francisco to go to Law School. That immediately changed when my now ex-husband asked me to come home to marry him. Needless to say, no law school, but 2 amazing daughters. My aunt and uncle who I had moved in with had taken me to a party and I remember seeing the green stuff on the table thinking what are they trying to get me to eat. Those California people and their crazy, healthy food! I tried it and it was delicious, but never really ate it again when I returned to the East Coast until the last 6 years. I have tried many variations and of course in tons of Mexican restaurants. This recipe doesn’t call for many ingredients, so it seems perfect to me.
 
Ingredients:
4 avocados, if you don’t know if they are ripe or not ask someone. 
That’s what I usually do.
1 pint of grapes tomatoes, sliced in half and seeds scooped out
½ to 1 tsp. of salt and pepper
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
If you like your Guacamole spicy, you can add hot sauce
2-3 tbs. of Lemon juice (usually one lemon)
 
Directions:
Cut the avocados in half, remove pit and scoop out in to small bowl.  Mash the avocado up, but leave lumps, don’t make it like mash potatoes. Add in all the ingredients and blend well. Add in salt and pepper sparingly and add more if needed. Delicious!


  Recipe By The Gourmet Mom
Lisa Montalva
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...