Chocolate Cake with Lavender Frosting


I am not sure if colors make things taste better, but they sure are prettier. I am going to my sisters tonight for dinner and to celebrate my birthday and thought I would make the cake. Chocolate cake with Lavender color frosting. Remember back in art class when we mixed the paint to make different colors. Its the same concept and so easy! Give it a try.


Ingredients:
1 cake mix of your choice (I chose devils food)
1 white frosting container
20 drops of blue food coloring
24 drops of red food coloring

Directions:
Make the cake as indicated on box and let stand until cooled all the way. Empty frosting into bowl and add the drops of blue and red food coloring. You might think it looks like a mess, but I assure you, it will come out lavender. I use my hand mixer until blended to a nice shade of lavender and frosted. Edible art!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...